Advanced Structural Geology Field Excursion
This micro-credential provides professional geologists with an opportunity to build upon their existing knowledge and skills in structural geology on a field excursion focusing on the tectonic and metallogenic evolution of the Kalgoorlie Terrane (WA).
It is ideal for industry geoscientists seeking more advanced skills in field-based mapping, data analysis and interpretation of relevance to their current or future employment.
Upon successful completion, you'll receive:
- Three PD Points - stackable for unspecified academic credit in award courses
- A Certificate of Achievement
- A UWA Plus Professional Development Transcript, listing all successfully completed micro-credentials
- Delivery mode
- Onsite (F2F)
- Start date
- 24 September 2022
- 4 weeks
- 75 hours including fieldwork (up to 8 days) and assessment in the subsequent three weeks.
- Academic Lead
- Dr Nico Thebaud
- $1,850 inc. GST
- Critical information summary
- GEOSM503 [PDF 116KB]
Applications close 17 September 2022
Identify, describe and map and interpret structural features in the field.
Produce summaries of field data interpretations in graphical form.
Produce a structural synthesis of camp-scale structural evolution.