Indian School Certificate CISCE
The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (CISCE) was established as a national examination board by the University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate. The Council conducts examinations for the Indian School Certificate.
The University of Western Australia welcomes applications from students who have completed the Indian School Certificate program. To be admitted to the University, you must:
- satisfy the University's English language competence requirement by satisfactory performance in one of the English subjects detailed in the table below
- achieve a sufficient number of points to be offered a place
- satisfy any prerequisite subject requirements for your chosen course and major
Minimum entry scores
Indian School Certificate students must meet equivalent entry standards to other applicants. The following table provides an overview of the points considered equivalent to various Australian Tertiary Admission Ranks.
|Indian School Certificate Average||ATAR Equivalent|
|45 to 49||75|
|60 to 61||80|
|75 to 76||88|
|82 to 84||92|
|87 to 88||94|
|90 to 91||96|
|95 to 96||98|
- Applicants must have been awarded the Indian School Certificate issued by the Council for Indian School Certificate Examination.
- Average is taken from best four subjects, rounded down to zero decimal points.
The following table shows Indian School Certificate subject equivalents to WA Certificate of Education courses, which will satisfy course and major prerequisites.
|WACE Subject||Indian School Certificate Equivalent|
|English||English Core; 60% or higher|
|Mathematics Applications||Mathematics; 40% - 50%|
|Mathematics Methods||No equivalent|
|Mathematics Specialist||Mathematics; 50% or higher|
|Chemistry||Chemistry; 50% or higher|
|Physics||Physics; 50% or higher|
|Biology||Biology; 50% or higher|