Your research proposal
Your research proposal is a key requirement of your research study – your enrolment and candidature depend on it.
Your proposal needs to be:
From your start date you must submit your research proposal within:
- full-time master's by research – four months
- part-time master's by research – eight months
- full-time PhD – six months
- part-time PhD – nine months
You need to submit your research proposal with your application for candidature if you are:
- applying on the basis of a completed higher degree preliminary course
- applying to upgrade from a master's degree to a PhD
- a new PhD applicant who has partially completed a PhD program at another institution
For more information, refer to regulations governing research higher degrees.
Your research proposal also needs a coversheet:
Research Proposal Coversheet [PDF, 357.4 KB] | Research Proposal Coversheet [RTF, 7.4 MB]
The University of Western Australia